- 1 head of cauliflower
- 3 cups broccoli (can be frozen)
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 6 cups water
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 2 teaspoons Better-Than-Bullion
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Chop cauliflower. Add cauliflower, Better-Than-Bullion, oregano, garlic, onion, and salt and pepper to medium pot and boil for about 20 minutes.
2. Puree all ingredients in pot with hand immersion blender.
3. Chop broccoli and chiffonade spinach, then add to pot and cook over medium heat for 40-60 minutes.
You could very easily substitute or add extra vegetables or even chicken to this soup. I contemplated adding chopped carrots initially, but decided to keep it a little more simple the first time.
Hope you enjoy this spring soup! And for an extra treat, here’s a picture of the girls recently when we were enjoying the sunshine on the roof: